Hey there, I’m so excited to begin this journey with you. My name is Nicki Edwards, and I am a born again Christian. These days the term “Christian” is thrown around so loosely. So I prefer to say believer, follower of Jesus Christ or Ambassador for Christ. Since this is my first post, I wanted to do a formal introduction and share a little about myself. You can also check out my bio.
I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior on Palm Sunday (March 28) 2010. I was a senior in college barely able to keep my head up as I navigated my way through life. So I have officially been saved for six years, and I have never backslid despite all the trials, storms, and challenges I have faced over the years. I’ve held on to the hem of His garment through it all. My faith was tested, and I am still going strong. Trust me when I say it has been a long raggedy road, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. My aunt always says “without a cross; there is no crown,” so I hold those words near and dear to my heart as a reminder. This quote reminds me of Matthew 16:24 “Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” I made the decision six years ago and never looked back.
A little about myself, I am a 20 something-year-old Caribbean Girl (hailing all the way from Grenada, a small island in the Caribbean). I live in New York City (or shall I say I’m in my Empire State of Mind). I hold a Bachelors of Arts in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. I am in my last semester of Graduate School pursuing a Masters of Science in Global Business and Finance Management. I have worked in the financial industry for five years. Currently, I work in private banking (Global Wealth and Investment Management) servicing high net worth clients.
I love Jesus. I love to talk about Him. I love sharing how great He is and what He has done for me. From a carnal perspective, I guess you can say I brag different. I brag about the goodness of my Lord and Savior. If you know where I’m coming from you would understand the madness behind my praise. The passion for my writing. You would know He saved an old wretched sinner like myself who was lost in her sin. You would know if He didn’t rescue me I would be dead today. In 2010 I was depressed, oppressed and suicidal. It got to a point where I considered throwing myself in front of an MTA train because I thought it would be a quicker way to die. So pardon me if others may think I talk about Him too much. I will do it boldly and unapologetically. Because He deserves all the honor, all the glory, and all my praises.
So what is this Blog about?” Sincerely Nicki is a Faith-Based Blog, and it originated from a genuine and sincere place. From a place of love and adoration for my Savior. In a season where the gates of hell attempted to prevail against my life God interceded and it was birth. I received the revelation for this blog on praying grounds. What qualifies me is a Bachelors in warfare, Masters in prayer, a Ph.D. in worship and six years of walking and living by FAITH. It is my lifestyle, and I’ve lived it for the past six years. In season and out of season. In good times and bad times. Though in the physical, I have my B.A in Journalism, to be honest, I stopped writing after I graduated college in 2010. I wanted to be a staff writer for Seventeen Magazine. I have been writing since I was ten years old. I held a diary for years, and it’s where my love for writing began. I wrote poems and debate speeches in High School. I maintained an entertainment blog for two years in college, wrote for my school newspaper and interned for a local online website in Buffalo, New York.
However, after I got saved and began praying for a job and where God wanted me, I ended up in the Financial Industry. God led me on a different path. It was never my intention because I disliked business with a passion. Looking back now I know why God diverted my career plans. I loved entertainment news (by the way God hates gossip). NYC would have been the perfect place to launch my career as one of those “It Girl” Journalist for any of the publishing conglomerate in my city. I know I would have made it, how my ambitious was set-up, I was determined! I had set myself up to launch an incredible career as a Journalist. It’s the main reasons I moved back home right after college. But God had something else in store for me. I started working for JPMorgan Chase (I have since moved on from this company) as a Research Analyst in 2011 and the rest is history.
Now here I am back in my element, on my old stomping ground. This time it’s different, less about me and MORE about Jesus. It’s about sharing the good news, reaching the broken-hearted, bringing restoration and encouragement to those who are suffering silently or those who need a support system. It’s to reach and form a community of believers and non-believers who have one thing in common. The realization WE all need a Savior. You can think of me as the friend who will never allow you to give up. Nowadays, I know those are HARD to find. I could use a few myself. But on days you feel like giving up, my hope is God will use my writing to minister peace, deliverance, encouragement and inspiration to your spirit. My hope is He will touch your heart and bring conviction to your spirit and mind. When it comes to my writing, I rely a lot on the Holy Spirit. So this blog is to help struggling believers in their walk, the ones who desire to follow Jesus but is afraid to make the commitment and those who are strong in faith.
This walk is a journey, and you don’t have to do it alone. There isn’t enough support and encouragement online for believers or people in general. We live in a tech-age with a social media-driven society. We have to be so careful about the sites we visit because many can keep us in bondage. These sites instead of inspiring us can cause us to live empty and unsuccessful lives. We all know everything on the internet is not good. We spend a good portion of our time online. Why not use the time to edify your spirit-man. Feed him so you can grow in your faith. Without faith, one has no zeal to do anything. Faith will propel you to seek and create opportunities. Join me as I desire to go deeper in Christ while sharing the mistakes and pitfalls, I’ve encountered which has become a stepping-stone for my future. How God was able to deliver me from many situations and if He did it for me. He can certainly do it in your current situation.
• Career tips maybe you’re thinking about starting a new career, going back to school or in school and you need some direction. I’ve been there, and it was through prayers and guidance I was able to make the right decision for me.
• Waiting on God in between seasons, for a spouse or whatever else you are praying for.
• Inspirational and motivational post to help you on your journey as you pursue the promises of God for your life.
• Personal experiences things I’ve learned as a believer or in life.
• Scriptures to stand on in the midst of trials.
• Prayers there are different types of prayer one can pray when they find themselves facing mountains or giants.
• My favorite quotes, pins, books and music playlist that has helped in my walk as a believer. Remember it is all about feeding your spirit man, and you can’t walk in faith if your spirit is weak.
• General Tips on how to overcome situations and whatever else God lays on my heart to share with you all.
• Ask Nicki once a month I’ll do a Q&A where my readers can submit questions. Whatever questions you have regarding faith, the Bible, career, purity, etc. And I’ll share what has helped me to overcome in those areas and use scriptures to support my answers. Please note all the subject I plan to Blog about I’ve experienced in some way. I will never touch a topic if I have not traveled the road.
• Testimonies, I’ll also open it up to take testimonies from YOU (don’t be shy) on what God has done in your lives. For you to be able to share, your story will be able to touch someone else going through the same thing. I’ve always been a very private person so for me opening up about things I’ve walked through on my social media platform and blog was difficult. But I knew this is what God was leading me to do. Every time someone randomly “direct message” me on Instagram or Twitter about how they could relate to one of my posts or how inspiring it is. I knew it was God showing me “SEE, I’m leading you or you were never alone. Others are going through the same things I delivered you from. You are on the right track.” So if you have something, please share and don’t hesitate. You never know whom you might touch. Someone might be ready to give up, and your testimony would have given them hope.
My friends, I leave you with this. My Pastor once said “we have two spirits living inside of us. Whichever one you want to win that is one you feed. But know that you cannot feed them both eventually they will begin to wage war against each other.” Let us all grow together and hold each other accountable as we press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus,” Philippians 3:14.
Sign up for “Sincerely Nicki Newsletter.” I’ll be doing monthly giveaways, sending out weekly devotionals, quotes, and lots MORE to help to fuel you and encourage you as you continue your journey in life.
Drop a line below with an introduction. I’d love to hear from you.
-What is your name?
-Where are you from?
-Are you saved? If so for how long? If not how come? (P.S I’m not here to judge or condemn anyone, I respect everyone’s belief the same way I’d like for them to respect my belief 🙂
-Lastly, what would you like to see me cover that I did not mention?