How often do you declare scriptures over your life? Is it something you do daily? Taken scriptures from the Bible and confessing them daily is a great faith-building exercise. One of the things I notice not just with Christians but people in general, we are not intentional about the things we speak over ourselves. Many times I’m speaking to people and the things I hear baffles me. I’m left wondering if you speak about yourself like this, what will you say about me? But I know better, and I know it’s the work of the enemy in that individual’s life. To make them feel worthless, powerless and hopeless.
Nowadays, I find myself cutting others off when they begin to speak negatively about themselves. And what I’ve noticed they don’t realize they are doing it. Which leads me to believe they have been doing it for so long it’s standard for them and they don’t find anything wrong with it. They don’t realize how powerful words and confession over their life is.
One of my favorite scriptures is Job 22: 28 and I believe this verse with all my heart and soul.
Which tells me MY words have power, whatever I declare over my life daily it will begin to take root in my life. Our words are seeds we sow daily. The Bible says ‘life and death are in the power of the tongue.’ Are you speaking life or death over your life? What declaration are you speaking? Are you intentional about your words? I pray after reading this; you will be intentional about speaking positive words over yourself. Here are seven scriptures to help get you started:
1) “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13). This one is another favorite, one that has helped me to do the impossible in moments where I felt unable this scripture enabled me. By confessing this every day you’ll begin to realize with Christ dwelling inside of you, you can do all things. Always Remember the same Spirit who resurrected Jesus from the dead lives inside of you.
2) Ask God daily to set a guard over your mouth and keep watch over the door of your lips. We can control the things we say with the help of the Holy Spirit. Obscene language or negative words do not have to be your portion.
3) “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7). As Christians, we ought to always be at peace. In the midst of chaos and trials, God peace is there to comfort us as we walk through every storm or fire. While we wait on God, the peace of God keeps us content in our current season.
4) “Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy” (Colossians 1:11 NIV). You are being strengthened with all power according to His might. You have great endurance and patience.
5) “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). This one is a MUST to declare over yourself daily. Remind yourself every day God did not give you a spirit of fear. When the enemy brings fear, this is the scripture to speak back to the the spirit of fear. Don’t be afraid to use the word of God against your accuser (satan). When he bombard your mind with thoughts of doubt, remind yourself God gave you a sound mind. When you are tempted to hate, remember God gave you a spirit of love. This is a powerful scripture to apply to your life every day. It’s loaded!
6) It’s important to speak blessings over your life. You don’t have to wait for your Pastor to pronounce blessings over you. God has already proclaimed blessings over your life. You have to speak them into existence.
7) “The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways” (Deuteronomy 28:9). The Lord has established you as a holy people to Himself. You keep His commandments and walk in His ways. We often struggle with sin, ways, and habits. Choosing to make this bold declaration daily you are helping yourself. Your confessions are what you believe and it makes your walk easier.
By making these declarations daily, you are planting seeds using the word of God to take root in your life. It is how the word becomes flesh and how it will dwell in your life. Through our faith and confession. Before you know it, you see yourself doing exactly what you have been declaring. I challenge you to try it out for 30 days and see what happens. I am confident you will see a change in your life. We have to exercise our faith in the word of God.
Did you enjoy this post? Share it with someone. You never know what a person might be going through. An act as simple as sharing a post can be a blessing in their lives.
Until next time God Bless you richly for reading 🙂