“Even everyone that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.” Isaiah 43:7
Is Your Life Glorifying God? While you are here on earth, it is not God’s desire for you to go through hardship after hardship. Yes, you will face trials now and then. You will go through seasons of being tested. But those seasons are meant to build up your faith in God. They are not supposed to take you out or for you to remain oppressed all the days of your lives. The Psalmist said:
“Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.” Psalm 34:19
God promised to deliver you from every trial, not some but ALL. I want you to know; God created you for His glory. Everything you do is suppose to bring glory to God. People should be able to look at your marriage, children, business, career, in your home and so forth and see God. All of the things you will possess (promises) here on earth belongs to God. As His son or daughter, you have an inheritance. What father wouldn’t want to see His children happy?
“If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!” Matthew 7:11
There is nothing God wouldn’t do for you, as long as it’s good and it lines up with His will for your life. He will do it. What else do you need as proof? God gave us His only son Jesus. I think that alone speaks for itself. A lot of people make ‘two common’ mistake when asking God to bless them. And this mistake is their MOTIVES and FAITH. What is your reason for asking God for your dream job, to help you launch this business, your spouse or having children? Is it because everyone else is getting married and having children? You don’t want to be alone? You want a prosperous business to show off and show people you did it.
Can I be candid with you my friend? If your reason for desiring certain things in life is not to glorify God, your motives are wrong. And it could delay your blessings. Wrong motives are not the only reason why things can be delayed in your life. But when it comes to pursuing the promises of God, you have to make sure you’re honest with yourself. God knows and searches your heart. He knows more about you than you know of yourself. Remember the children of Israel? They were kept out of the promised land because of their grumbling and complaining. They did NOT believe. Your lack of faith can delay your blessings. Without faith, it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). You can’t be double minded. Either God is or He isn’t. AND He is!
Here are ten principles to remember while pursuing God’s best for your life:
1) Know your reason for seeking God’s best for your life (make sure your intentions are to glorify God’s name, and God can use you in the process) remember it’s not about you, but it’s about God.
2) Make sure you have a clear vision from God of what you want, and it lines up with His will for your life. (Don’t change your mind when you see someone else is walking in their purpose or you think you can do a better job at what God has called them for. They were anointed for it.)
3) When you set out to achieve your vision, you need to know God has already gone ahead of you to make the crooked places straight. He has shut doors that needed to be shut and opened the doors you’ll need to walk through. Most importantly, don’t forget to take God with you. Without God involved in your vision, it’s meaningless.
4) Meditate on God’s word daily. “ This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Joshua 1:8
5) No matter what you may face on this journey of pursuing His best for you, don’t ever give up.
6) You will run into some blockages but seek God to show you the way out. If there is a way in surely, there is a way out, allow God to show you another avenue. Remember Jesus is a way maker. He is the WAY!
7) People will try to discourage you. They will tell you no, you can’t do it. But trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean to your own understanding.
8) Always remember there is nothing that God change. Whatever you need God can do it, but you MUST believe He can do it.
9) Alway remember you will be TESTED. You must pass every test. And you pass those test by remaining in God’s presence. Whatever situation that will rise against you. Stay in God’s presence, DWELL there.
10) And on your journey, there will be many Giants to face but don’t run away from them but possess what God has promised you. Don’t be afraid of the giants in the land. The giants of fear, demonic agents on assignment to stop you from inheriting the promises of God.
Did you enjoy this post? Share it with someone. You never know what a person might be going through. An act as simple as sharing a post can be a blessing in their lives.
Until next time God Bless you richly for reading 🙂
P.S. If you could use a dose of my weekly devotional in your inbox. Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up with the devotionals. There is a different topic every week, as the Lord lays it on my heart.